About Spray Tans
Spray tans, like other sunless tanning products, contain a chemical called dihydroxyacetone, commonly known as DHA. DHA is absorbed into your top layer of skin cells to make them darker. This coloration process is completely harmless and DHA has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration for external use on skin.
In our mobile spray tan salon, you strip down in an airbrush booth and the tanning solution is applied to your body in a fine mist. Chelsea is a specially trained spray tan technician who uses an airbrush machine to apply tanning spray evenly over the clients body. Depending on how moisturized your body is a spray tan can last 5-10 days Chelsea’s solution is Paraben free- gluten free- sulfate free- nut allergen free- propylene glycol free- phthalates free-synthetic fragrance free.
When it comes to tanning yourself with a self-tanner you may not be able to reach all of those tough areas on your body. Chelsea’s spray tan will create an even glow at your desired tan level! You can be tanned and showered in a few hours with our luxury on the go service.
Prep & Aftercare
How to prepare for a spray tan:
1. Shower, exfoliate and shave day before or day of spray tan application. This step is crucial in prepping your skin since the DHA settles on the top layer of your skin.
2. It is recommended to avoid use of deodorants and lotion when you come for your spray. Deodorants and or lotions may cause your spray tan to turn a greenish tint after application. These products can be barriers to your skin, making your tan look uneven.
3. Wear dark, loose fitting clothing to your appointment. Any excess solution that gets on your clothing will come out of cotton fabrics in the wash.
After your spray tan:
1.For regular sunless glow spray tan, avoid showering for 8-10 hrs to let maximum tan develop. For rapid spray tan you can shower in 1-3 hrs depending on the level of tan you desire. After 3 hours your maxium tan will develop if you receive the rapid spray tan. You can wait to shower for as long as you want but just know that both tans will not develop any longer than 8 hours after.
2. You will see your shower water turning brown. This is NOT your tan coming off, it’s the tracker color on the top of your skin coming off and evening out your spray tan. Please don’t be alarmed!
3. Do not wash your hands before you shower. Any water that gets on your body before your tan can cause the top layer to come off.
4. Do not touch your body or your fingertips may get solution on them. If this does happen by accident, take nail polish remover to your fingertips or palms!
How to make your spray tan last
1. Moisturize and hydrate your skin to extend the life of the tan. Hydrated skin will make your spray tan last longer than dry flaky skin. Try using a non oil based moisturizer- typically unscented lotions or lotions without alcohol can help too.
2. Avoid chlorine as this may take off a few layers of your spray tan.
3. Avoid long baths & hot spas. This may also take a few layers off your spray tan as well.
4. Avoid exfoliators or loofah sponges for about a week.
5. If you are going out in the sun please use an SPF! A spray tan will NOT block you from the sun.